Do Your Part This Earth Day
Small Steps That Can Have a Big Impact
Spring is in full bloom! And to celebrate both this fresh season and Earth Day, our Timo’s Air Conditioning & Heating team is taking extra time to appreciate all of the beauty around us. Even more, we’re helping local homeowners preserve the planet by doing your
part to make your homes more energy efficient. Doing so not only saves you money on your utility bills, but it also reduces greenhouse gas emission—enabling us to make Mother Nature a better, healthier home for all of us.
At Timo’s Air Conditioning & Heating, our team is here to help you make every day Earth Day. From air conditioning service in Palm Springs, CA
, to smart thermostat installation in La Quinta, CA, our certified technicians have the experience and expertise to help homeowners in the Coachella Valley turn these green tips into habits.
Green is the New Black
When it comes to sustainability, green is the new black. And while planting some green and helping to clean up your community are excellent actions to take on Earth Day, there are other things that you can do to live a greener lifestyle all year long.
To get started, here are a few DIY tasks to make your home more eco-friendly:
- Pledge to keep your thermostat one to two degrees higher this spring and summer. This simple act adds up! In fact, you can save 6 percent to 8 percent on your electric bill for every degree that your thermostat is raised above 78 degrees during the hotter months. Taken a step further, consider letting the temperature rise up to 86 degrees when you’re away from the house for four or more hours.
- Use portable fans and/or ceiling fans. Summers in Palm Desert, CA, Palm Springs, CA, Rancho Mirage, CA, and the surrounding communities can be unbearably hot. But, before the sweltering temperatures roll in, use ceiling fans and/or portable fans to help cool your home, while hiking your thermostat a few degrees. This is an easy way to lower your bills, while remaining comfortable.
- Replace bulbs with LED lights. Swapping out standard bulbs for LED bulbs can help use less energy and cut your electricity bills.
- Close your blinds and curtains. There’s no denying that, during the hotter months in the Coachella Valley, we rely on our air conditioners from sun up until sun down to help keep comfortable. But, doing so causes our utility bills to skyrocket! So, to keep your house cool and your utility bills within reason, close your curtains and tilt your blinds upward during the daytime when the sun is at its hottest. This will help keep direct sunlight out and prevent your HVAC unit from working extra hard to cool your rooms.
- Routinely replace or clean air filters. While often overlooked, this simple step is especially important when “going green.” You see, an air filter’s job is to remove dust and allergens from your indoor air. So, as an air filter collects contaminants over time, it gets dirty. And a dirty filter reduces air flow and causes your HVAC system to work harder and wear out more quickly.
Once you’ve completed these DIY tasks, it’s time to turn to the experts at Timo’s Air Conditioning & Heating to put the finishing touches on your green efforts. Low-efficiency air conditioners can drain your wallet without keeping you consistently cool and comfortable. So, by scheduling air conditioning maintenance in Palm Desert, CA
, or the surrounding areas, you can enjoy lower utility bills, improved energy efficiency and complete comfort.
Contact Timo’s Air Conditioning & Heating for AC Services
For more information or to speak with an expert, contact our team by filling out an online form
or calling 760.475.9542 today!